Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21, 2013

Read It:
Mary set out in those days
and traveled to the hill country in haste
to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah
and greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord
would be fulfilled."

Reflect on It: "Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled". Mary believed what was spoken to her. In a few days, we will have the opportunity to believe that which is spoken to us. The birth of the Christ Child and the fact that this birth will change the world. The Lord is coming. Get ready.

Pray about It: Sweet Jesus, help me to be ready for your coming in just a few days. Help me to be a person that believes in your Word and let that word be good enough for me. Amen.

Live It! Challenge: What is something that the Lord has spoken to you? Do you believe it? Spend some time reflecting on this today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment