Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10, 2013

Read It:

Jesus said to his disciples:
"What is your opinion?
If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray,
will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills
and go in search of the stray?
And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it
than over the ninety-nine that did not stray.
In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father
that one of these little ones be lost."
 
Reflect on It:
Jesus wants us to be close to Him always. In today's Gospel, we see that he will leave the 99 sheep to find the one lost sheep. I know sometimes we aren't willing to look that hard or that long for something, thinking, oh, I have plenty of those, but not Jesus. He is never outdone! What I love about this passage is that Jesus is searching for us. I think often we align ourselves with the 99 and think, oh, I'm not important enough for the Lord of the Universe to search for me, but here's the truth. He is! He is searching for us and never leaving us. As we prepare the way of the Lord this week, know that he is searching for you and can be found in a manager in just a few weeks.

Pray about It: Lord, help me to never be separated from you or your love. Even when I stray, thank you for coming to find me.

Live It! Challenge: Come close to the Lord through the sacrament of Confession. Don't let your heart be distracted with sin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment