Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Read it:
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Which one of you would hand his son a stone
when he asked for a loaf of bread,
or a snake when he asked for a fish?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give good things
to those who ask him.

“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.
This is the law and the prophets.”

Reflect on it: In today's Gospel, Jesus teaches us to be BOLD! He wants to give us all the things we ask for, and to be the love that we seek and to be open. How often are be truly BOLD with the Lord in what we ask him for? Now, asking for million dollars may not be a prayer that gets granted, but when we really look at our lives, in the times when we've been bold (and truly sought God's will), I hope that we can see that Lord didn't hand us a snake. I think we often aren't bold enough with the Lord. He made us, He can handle us asking for the desires of our hearts. All we have to is ask and then trust and be ready to HEAR the answer. When I was applying for jobs before I was at St. James, I asked the Lord rather boldly and in a totally sassyface way to let me work here and he granted it, because it was HIS will. I'm reminded of that boldness whenever I set foot in my office or with you guys! Be bold!


Pray about it: Lord, I know you will always grant the desires of my heart when they are pure and holy and good for me. Help those desires, become my will and my will to become your will. Amen.

Live It! Challenge: Today, be BOLD with the Lord and ask him to grant one of the desires of your heart, then let him take care of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment