Friday, March 11, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Read It:
Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post.
He said to him, “Follow me.”
And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him.
Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house,
and a large crowd of tax collectors
and others were at table with them.
The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying,
“Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
Jesus said to them in reply,
“Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.”

Reflect on It:
Today, we see Levi answering everything to follow Jesus. He leaves everything to follow the Lord. When we look at the world, we're not people who are quick to leave things behind, so often, we'll say, sure God, I'll follow you if...or Sure God, I'll be okay with that if you give me this. Levi, with all the faith in the world hears his calls and follows our Lord and he holds a party for our Lord. What faith he has to truly follow him. Jesus calls us to leave everything behind and follow him. What are we holding back on in our lives that prevent us from following him?

Pray about it: Jesus, you ask us to follow you with an undivided heart. Rend the things in my life that keep me from trusting you and following you. Help me to believe that you have my best interest always at heart and to trust in your will. I want to follow you completely, help me to be like Levi who follows you and leaves behind everything else.


Live it! Challenge: Give away a material item that keeps you from following Christ.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how each morning reading these are exactly what I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete