Thursday, March 6, 2014

Friday, March 5, 2014

Read It:

A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
For I acknowledge my offense,
and my sin is before me always:
“Against you only have I sinned,
and done what is evil in your sight.”
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
For you are not pleased with sacrifices;
should I offer a burnt offering, you would not accept it.
My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit;
a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.

Reflect on It: Today, I chose the Psalm, because it is so very good. A humble and contrite heart is all that God asks of us. He sees our hearts, he knows what's important. So, maybe you've already messed up on your Lenten sacrifice, maybe you haven't, but what is important is what's in your heart. Are you humble and contrite? Humility is all about knowing that there is a God and we're not him! Thank goodness. Where is your heart this Friday of Lent?

Pray about It: Father in heaven, you never spurn us when our hearts are humble and contrite. Please help us to be men and women who's hearts are full of love for you. Give us clean hearts that know of how good you are.

Live it! Challenge: At the end of today, make a good examination of conscience. When did you love God today? When did you fail to love him? Did you give him a humble heart?

0 comments:

Post a Comment