Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, March 5

Read It:
Jesus said to his disciples:
"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

"Stop judging and you will not be judged.
Stop condemning and you will not be condemned.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and gifts will be given to you;
a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing,
will be poured into your lap.
For the measure with which you measure
will in return be measured out to you."

Reflect on It: The measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you....I know that sometimes, I need this reminder. I am often a tough judge of character, thinking that people have to prove themselves to me. How selfish! This is not the measure to which I want to be judged. We are called to be people who are forgiving and merciful and who recognize the brokenness within each one of us. Sometimes, we forget how truly fragile the human spirit is, how weak we are. We walk around like we have all the answers and others do not. I want to be measured by how I love, which means I must love. Measure my life in love.

Pray about It: Lord, you were merciful to sinners. Help me, a sinner to be merciful to my brothers and sisters in Christ.


Live It! Challenge: Today, do something kind for someone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment