Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb 29, 2012

Read It:
A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
A clean heart create for me, O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me.
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
For you are not pleased with sacrifices;
should I offer a burnt offering, you would not accept it.
My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit;
a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
R. A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn

Reflect on It: Although we had the same Psalm just last week, I thought it would be good to reflect on it again, but to reflect on something different this go around. God wants us to have clean hearts. He wants for us to be free from sin and to Love him with all of our heart. Lent is a time marked by reparation and repentance. A humble and contrite heart is what allows us to seek the Lord and to ask him to make us free from our sin. Let this Lent be different from all the rest and get your heart clean in the beginning.

Pray about It: Lord, when we seek you with a humble and contrite heart, you always forgive. Help me to come to you today, abhorring my sin, but knowing that your mercy is ALWAYS greater than sin.

Live It! Challenge: Go to confession tonight. Every Wednesday during Lent every parish in the Diocese of Arlington and the Archdiocese of Washington, DC are open for confession from 6:30 pm-8:00 pm. St. James is having a holy hour and talk in conjunction with confession. Go get your soul cleaned.


Inspired by last year's Lenten Blog, Miguel De Angel,Coordinator of Youth Ministry at Good Shepherd in Alexandria, Va signed onto do sketches throughout the course of Lent for the blog. Perhaps these sketches will allow you to enter in more deeply and in a different way than before.


(C) Copyright Miguel De Angel. 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment